Xmark Foundation Wrap is the ideal barrier to prevent soil moisture from being drawn into the concrete foundation through capillary suction. In addition, our foundation wrap provides a barrier against the hydrostatic load of the rainwater being pushed through the foundation wall or cracks in the tar. The dimpled design of the wrap provides a small amount of space between the foundation wall and the wrap which allows air to circulate freely and evaporate moisture/vapour.
Made from High Density Polyethylene (HDPE), this heavy-duty material needs no special protection boards or reinforcement that is typical with other foundation wraps.
Features and Benefits
- New walls can be full of moisture - air gap technology allows moisture to escape and work its way to the footing drain. Walls dry properly and are not damaged by freeze-thaw cycles
- Heavy-duty sheet for strength and durability
- No waiting for foundation walls to cure or dry, Xmark Foundation Wrap can be installed as soon as the forms are removed
- Won’t leach harmful chemicals into the soil around the home, as tar-based products may do
- No need for special breathing equipment and skin protection during installation